Saturday

TUTORIAL: Elephant Glass Ornament

#5 - I've been making things :)

TUTORIAL:
Glass Elephant Ornament

What you will need:

# 1 - A cheap, clear glass ornament.
# 2 - Permanent Markers.
# 3 - Creativity!!


Step One - After I took some pictures of myself in the ornament for a while, I went on the internet and googled 'cute elephant'. Of course you could use this concept for virtually anything, but the person the ornament was for is an avid elephant fan. So anyway, I found the above image in a google search.




I traced the elephant onto my ornament with a blue sharpie, and filled it in. I had to go over the Sharpie at least two times, and I went over it three times in some areas.

After that I added the finishing details to the piece - a traced border around the elephant, some hearts and polka dots. I made sure all the spots were pretty filled in with marker, and thennn...


I decided it would look nice to fill the ornament with tissue paper :) So I did. I put the top back on and put some glitter glue around it. I wrote 'happy birthday 2011' on the back for the recipient of the ornament, wrapped it in tissue paper & gave it away. Voila!



So cheap, so easy, and so fun! I plan on making more of these for Christmas presents. Tis the season. Which reminds me of this video from my favorite movie...




No comments:

Post a Comment