Sunday

the beach

Alright, let me tell you a few reasons why the beach is my absolute place to be, ever.

  • The sound of the waves. Probably the most calming sound in the world.
  • The feel of the sand on your toes. It's so soft and warm :)
  • The water! Especially when Lake Michigan isn't 40 degrees. I love swimming in it. I love wading in it. I love feeling the breeze off of it.
  • The sun. Personally I don't get hot very often so the heat isn't ever a problem for me, but I mean. If you get sweaty there's a lake right next to you to cool off in, soooo. It works out pretty well.
  • The sound of the birds! And watching seagulls is pretty fun, too. They're hilarious if you just watch them for a while. 
  • All the great photos you can get there :)
  • It's a great place to go with you family, but it's also a great place to go with your boyfriend :) it's romantic.
Now let me clarify here. I'm not talking about a packed Laguna Beach type deal - YUCK. I'm talking about being in nature. I'm talking about experiencing the beach, not people watching. THAT is the kind of beach experience I love :) The sky, the waves, the sand. <3

tranquility :)

5 comments:

  1. you really make me want to go to the beach. if only there was more time before school started back up...i could use a vacation. the picture is beautiful, btw. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. how far away is the beach from you? I'm reaaaally lucky to live less than ten minutes away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...a good few hours. but to get to a good beach it's probably 5 or 6 hours, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we have a lot in common. :-) The beach is my favorite place, too. Remote beaches... dunes and woods and the LAKE!

    Have you ever been up north to Pyramid Point near Empire/Glen Arbor? If not... we should go on a road trip/camping adventure together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! So glad you agree. And no, I've never been there, it sounds fantastic though. LET'S GO!

    ReplyDelete