Friday

lunch breaks

I work in an office. It has its pros, and it has its cons. It's the first time I've ever worked sitting down all day, it's the first time I've had a regular schedule, it's the first time I've joined the typical 8-5, Monday-Friday routine. I had a hard time adjusting when I went from part time to full time, I must admit. The hardest part, for me, was having so little time to work on my art and music. So one night, while googling 'how to survive your office job' I stumbled upon the following book:


The Artist in the Office, by Summer Pierre. The book made me realize that there are tons of other people out there, like me, trying to live two lives, trying to work two jobs - the one that feeds your body, and the one that feeds your soul. My mom bought the book for me back in April, and I've read it three times so far. There are so many great little ideas sprinkled throughout the book and I am so glad to own it, because sometimes it's enough to just read a page or two and get some inspiration.

One page, especially really hit home.

Previously I had been spending my lunch breaks in my car, feeling stressed out about the fact that I had to go back to work soon. Either that or I'd use my lunch break to run tons of errands, which is never fun. This book inspired me to make the most of my lunch breaks! Since then I've been taking walks, taking photography, making music, and writing blog posts! (I'm on my lunch break as we speak, haha.)

But my favorite lunchtime activity is definitely the walks. It took me a while to finally get up the motivation to start doing it, but once I started, every day that it rains and I can't walk I'm extremely disappointed. Walking wakes me up, I never get that 2:00 sleepy feeling anymore. Walking gives me some time to be alone, in nature, one of the best de-stressers I've ever experienced. And it also gives me a chance to pick flowers!





Anyway, there's some pictures for you :) My lunch break's over, now back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment