Sunday

autumn picnic

#4 - I've gone on dates with Trevor.


Trevor & I still like to celebrate the one month anniversaries, but when it came to our November anniversary I was at a loss for what to do. Neither of us had very much money so I thought - ah! A picnic!

I googled fall picnic ideas & found a lot of awesome websites. Here are some for you to visit!
- delish.com
foodandwine.com
howdoesshe.com
the-picnic-site.com

After this, I was inspired. I went to the store and put together a gourmet picnic. I packed napkins, a blanket, and even some candles. It was chilly but not too chilly, the week right before daylight savings kicked in. (meaning the sun was still out when I got off work. Ha!)


 I got the stuff ready so that we could head straight to the park after work. I bought those Soup at Hand drinkable soups and microwaved them so we'd have something warm to drink :)


The lighting was beautiful and the temperature was definitely tolerable.


I'm all for ambience, so I brought a couple tea lights with. :D Heh, call me cheesy but I loved the way they looked.


We had chips, rice cakes with salami & provolone, deviled eggs, those soups and strawberry cheesecake for dessert. We played some music from my iPhone and watched the sunset.


Great memories <3
One tip I'd add - for any picnic in the fall/winter, BRING A BLANKET. We ended up just sitting on it but I think it really prevented us from getting cold. Although when the sun started going down more, the chill set in and we decided to leave. So I definitely recommend sunlight for picnics. :)

Your assignment:
HAVE A LIVING ROOM PICNIC!!
Show me your pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment